Thursday, July 15, 2010

MAIS J'EXAGÈRE

This morning, while waiting for the 831, I was discussing via cellular telephone the situation of public transportation in this country. After pontificating for a few moments about what it could be, I said "Oh, well, I guess I'll just get on this empty bus now and be one of three people going to BYU at 11:30."

So, apparently I was exaggerating. There weren't three people going to BYU at 11:30 on the 831. There was one. Yours truly,

BUSNINJA

5 comments:

  1. After reading this blog for a while, one would posit that you are singularly holding up Utah County's public transit system. Are they at all in the black?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard at a public meeting once that local service pays for itself about 20% -- the other 80% is subsidized. Kind of depressing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm that lone wolf type too. I try to scare others off the bus as to have it all to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy doing my civic duty and paying a full $2 every time I ride the bus! I think if more people realized that on a whim, they could just swipe their debit card and be swept off to far away exotic lands such as Orem, UVU, or Walmart the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Bob, if I ever get on the 831 and see you all alone on it, I'll make sure I skedaddle right back off . . .

    ReplyDelete