Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I WALKED RIGHT INTO THAT ONE (PART 2)

Last Monday, I was preparing to get on the 850 to visit commutergirl. Yes, I have to transfer to get to her house, but I do it anyway.

When the 832 pulled up to the Transit Center, the 850 bus was sitting there. This is all well and good. If it had not been sitting there, it would have been at least fifteen minutes late. That would have distressed my soul.

However, as the 850 was the only other bus at the Transit Center, and as Anal-Retentive was standing placidly on the sidewalk a ways from said 850, I decided I'd better ask if he were driving it, so that, if so, I could show him my pass and board in peace.

I did ask. But I misphrased my question.

I asked, "Are you on the 850?" He said, "What?"

I asked again, "Are you on the 850?" To which he responded, "No, I'm off the 850. I'm standing here talking to you!"

I showed him my pass, and he said "Just tap your card when you get on." I did so.

But as I walked up to the bus, I couldn't help thinking, "Did Anal-Retentive just make a joke?"

DID I JUST GET OWNED BY ANAL-RETENTIVE?

No comments:

Post a Comment