Thursday, October 21, 2010

PEDESTRIAN TUNNEL

Also in the Daily Universe today, I read a happy story about the upcoming pedestrian tunnel under University Parkway at UVU.

I liked this particular article because it mentioned the pedestrians first! Imagine that: a pedestrian tunnel for pedestrians. Other articles I have read talked only about the fact that putting the pedestrians under the road would make it more convenient for the drivers. I know people in Orem don't think pedestrians exist (I know this because of the stares I get from people as I walk down the side of the road), but that was really kind of a pretty big snub.

Plus, there's going to be a busy bus stop right in front of it. *heart*

It will make my trips to Wal-Mart on the 830 and 811 infinitely more pleasant, that's for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I know that I'd taken that route many times & it's super hard to maneuver around with all of those cars. Glad you have a happy tunnel coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pedestrians don't exist in Orem. They're only moving roadblocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me not to ride in the car with you . . .

    ReplyDelete