Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HANDOFF

On the 830 the other day, I was just sitting there, enjoying the sensation of riding the bus, when I noticed that the girl in front of me was apparently prepping to get off the bus, even though she hadn't pulled the cord. I was concerned for her; was she not aware of the lettering just inches from her head that said "Pull cord to signal/Jale el cordón para pedir parada"?

I thought to myself, she's lucky that someone is waiting at this bus stop, otherwise she wouldn't even be able to get off. But the joke was on me.

It turned out that the girl in front of me was not, in fact, trying to get off the bus. When the other girl got on the bus that was waiting at the stop, the girl who was already on the bus got up and handed her two dollars, so that she could pay her bus fare.

Still a risky maneuver, but not as risky as trying to get off the bus without pulling the cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment