Saturday, December 11, 2010

WHAT AM I, CHOPPED LIVER?

The other day I was coming back from the gym. It being Saturday, this was a somewhat convoluted operation. I had to first get on the 832, then on the 830 (I could have also walked, but it was cold).

The 832 picked me up, as it usually does when I am waiting for it. All was well until we got to BYU, when I stood in front of the back door expecting it to open. It didn't. I briefly considered whether I should say anything, since BYU is a mandatory stop and I didn't have to pull the cord, but I decided to speak up before the bus started pulling away. "Can I get the back door, please? Thanks."

Then I got on the 830. I didn't pull the cord to get off the 830 either, but the person who beat me to it had excellent cord-pulling skills. The other person got off, and there I was standing in front of the back door again. "Can I get the back door, please? Thanks."

I couldn't help wondering: can the bus driver sometimes not see a 6'3" 210 lb. man standing in the aisle? I really should work on being more noticeable.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to be more noticeable you should probably stop going to the gym and lay on a few extra pounds. Or try wearing a sombrero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm . . . the sombrero is probably better for my health . . .

    ReplyDelete