Sunday, April 3, 2011

CURSE #1

You might be surprised that someone who holds the bus system in the palm of his hand like I do actually has a bus-related curse or two. But I do.

During my single collegehood, I lived in three different apartments. All were close to bus stops. Duh. But it seemed like each time UTA either increased service just before I moved away, or decreased it just after I moved somewhere new. To wit:

- When I first came to Provo, I lived off 9th East. Just before I moved, UTA switched the 833 (which came every hour) to 7th East and the 831 (which came every half-hour) to 9th East. I enjoyed taking the bus more often for a little while, then I moved right back next to the 833. Oh, well.

- Then I lived on the 830 for a good while. No complaints there. But just after I moved back onto the 831, UTA changed the Saturday service frequency from 60 to 90 minutes. If I can't keep track of a schedule that runs {8:50, 10:20, 11:50, 1:20, etc.}, I don't know who can.

- Now that I live on the 850, UTA has announced that Saturday service will be bizarrely reduced to every third trip being a half-hour apart, instead of an hour apart (this means that the schedule might read something like 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 3:30 . . . ?!). So I'll have to enjoy my half-hour Saturday service while I can.

It's not the Romanov curse, but it's funny how it keeps happening . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment