Tuesday, April 19, 2011

OUT OF SERVICE

This morning I was led to wonder if the entire card-reading system for all of UTA was defunct, as every bus (admittedly only two) I rode this morning failed to read my card when I got on.

It's pretty easy to tell when the card reader is out of service, I think. The little screen says "Out of Service." Any questions so far?

That's why I'm wondering why it seemed like every single other person who got on a bus tapped their card, didn't hear the beep, tapped their card again, didn't hear the beep, tapped their card again, didn't hear the beep, etc., etc., until the bus driver had to tell them "It's out of service!" Over and over and over again.

It's not like this never happens, people. Every once in a while, the card reader is out of service. You have to show the bus driver your pass. It's what people always had to do before there were any card-reading devices, and we were all okay with it back then. I've never seen so many people unable to register three common English words in a row.

Maybe it's because this is the first time I've seen it on the 830. Maybe eight-thirty-wunners really are smarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment