Sunday, May 15, 2011

MAYBE IF I SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES

Recently the 831 stopped at BYU. This often happens, but this time I was on it. I did not get off at BYU, because I was going to the gym. A couple, with baby, got on at BYU, and proceeded to diligently search for a transfer. They sat down while doing so, which is not all that unusual, but the bus driver waited patiently for them to search before proceeding. They produced no less than three transfers that were from other days. Obviously such are not valid. But the woman appeared determined to convince herself and anyone around her that at least one of them was.

If my life were scripted, it would have run something like this:

RANDOM LADY: But that's the one we used on the bus we just got off. We just got off the other bus. That's the one we used. We paid on the other bus and that's the one she gave us. We just got off the other bus. We just got off the other bus. That's what she gave us. We paid on the other bus and that's what she gave us. We just got off the other bus, we just got off the other bus, we just got off the other bus, we just got off the other bus, we just got off the other bus, we

The bus driver finally just pulled away in exasperation. But she continued to say it. She said it to the bus driver. She said it to her baby. She said it to herself. She said it to no one in particular. She did not say it directly to me, because I have my talker glare down pat. For all I know, she's still saying it.

So, consider yourself warned, random very repetitive lady (since you obviously read my blog). You better not try to pull that stunt again if the busninja is around.

1 comment:

  1. If you already saw this post and wonder why it reappeared, it seems that Blogger has been constipated lately, and was having a hard time digesting this particular material. In particular, it was messing up my labels, and I am anal about my labels, as I am about everything. It appears that order has been restored, but don't be surprised if it hasn't.

    ReplyDelete