Friday, July 29, 2011

IT MIGHT BE TIME TO GET RID OF SOME '99'S

As those of you who ride the bus/talk to me know, the first two digits of a UTA bus's serial number are the year it was placed in service. This makes it easy to tell how old the bus you're getting on is getting.

When I first started using UTA, in 2003, the oldest buses in Utah County were '90's. Over the intervening years, I've seen the '90's, '92's, '93's, '95's, '96's, and '97's also go away (though I see a few '97's lingering in Salt Lake). So now the oldest buses in regular circulation in Provo are the '99's.

It might be time for them to go.

Consider that:
MAYBE HE SHOULD JUST YELL happened on a '99
MAYBE I SHOULD JUST YELL happened on a '99
The bus that broke down in DUCKS IN A ROW was a '99
BEEP BEEP happened on a '99
Three of the four aforementioned posts happened within 48 hours of each other

Don't get me wrong, I've had many pleasant experiences on '99's. All I'm saying is, maybe their time is at hand.

1 comment:

  1. I've never noticed the serial numbers. I'm excited now.
    I remember riding 88-B of the Nebo fleet. I figured we should be next-in-line for a new, white-roofed bus, but we got another hand-me-down, instead.

    ReplyDelete