Friday, July 22, 2011

MAYBE HE SHOULD JUST YELL

The next day after the other day mentioned in the three previous posts, I got on the 831 at BYU. I knew it was the 831 because it came at 11:56 a.m. No other bus comes at that time. I may have been the only one who knew for certain it was the 831, though, because the screens on the front and side of the bus that show the route number were kaput.

An older woman at the bus stop asked me if the approaching bus was the 830 Southbound. I told her it was the 831, which caused her some consternation. When the bus pulled in, the bus driver shouted "831! 831 Southbound!" I thought to myself, that's got to be annoying for him to have to shout that all the time because everyone except me doesn't have the schedule memorized.

No comments:

Post a Comment