Saturday, July 2, 2011

PUNK

The other day at the Transit Center, there was a fellow who seemed awfully sociable with everyone. I knew it would only be a matter of time before he got around to me.

Interestingly enough, he decided to converse with me from about thirty feet away. People, I swear I bathe and brush my teeth . . .

Him: Can I have some money to pay for the bus?
Me: I don't have any change.
Him: It's just two dollars.
Me: I don't have any change, I'm sorry.

Fortunately for him, someone gave him two dollars, and he was apparently successfully able to board the 811 a few minutes later. As he walked past me to get on the bus, I heard him say "Punk" under his breath. Sorry, dude, I didn't know I was going to need to give you money this morning, or I would have planned my finances better.

After he was gone, I reflected on the fact that his pants alone probably cost at least as much as my whole wardrobe (I know such things). Silly man. Buy cheaper pants and you can afford your bus fare every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment