Friday, September 16, 2011

EARLY MORNING CEREBRAL ANTICS

(9/8/2011) Sometimes I think my brain is playing tricks on me in the early morning. My brain will say to me, "This light coming up is 500 east," when really it's 700 East and I ought to start watching for when to pull the cord.

Or my brain will say something like, "That's odd, why are there only two cars on that Red Line train? Shouldn't there be four?" Only I see when I look closer that there really are four, and I don't know why I couldn't originally see the other two.

Yesterday, I saw a 21 go past. The number on the back said 72. I checked several times to make sure it wasn't a trick of my brain. It wasn't, as far as I can tell.

This morning, as I sat at the same bus stop, I saw another 21 go past. The number on the back said 72 again.

Either it's not a trick, or my brain is getting really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment