Thursday, September 29, 2011

SOMETIMES I'M THE WEIRD GUY ON THE BUS

I write many blog posts about the interesting people I meet (or avoid meeting) on my public transportation sagas.  I realized yesterday, however, that sometimes I'm the weird guy other people see.

There was this one time when I may or may not have loudly quoted Teen Girl Squad on the phone to my wife, which caused a significant amount of consternation on the faces of those who heard me.


Last night's was, if possible, even more awkward.

I was on the phone with commutergirl, again.  She was telling me about how she worked all day yesterday and came home and did a load of laundry, which was more than I had been able to accomplish at home that day (having left at 7:00 a.m. and not returned until after 9:00 p.m.).  My wife and I have this habit of sticking the word "poo" on the end of things as a term of endearment.  It's very silly.  When she told me about her laundry-doing, I said, "I'm glad you're such a productive-poo."  I'm sure commutergirl thought nothing of this.  But the person across from me gave me the best "I hate you for existing" look I've seen in a long time.

I'm sorry I made it awkward for you, dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment