Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MY BAD

So, it finally got cold today.  It's my fault.

I control the weather, because the weather and I don't get along.  I don't know why we don't, but we never have.  The weather likes to contradict me.

On Monday, I wore a sweater to school, and I didn't take it off.  The sun beat down and it was warm.  Everybody stared at me for being so bundled up.  Today I wore shorts (and a hoodie, but shorts), and it started out cold and got colder.  I forgot my umbrella, so of course it rained all day (I'm pretty sure I brought it on Monday).  My bad.

I realize that "with great power, comes great responsibility," and I should be more careful; I should think about all the innocent people I made cold today before I decide what to wear tomorrow.

irishcentral.com
I'm planning on bundling up tomorrow, in the vain hope that it will warm up.  But I think I may have already offended the weather too much.  It might be winter soon . . .

If it makes you feel any better, I stand outside at bus stops all winter, so it's not like I impose the weather on all of you and sit at home warm and laughing.  I, too must bear the consequences of my reckless shorts-wearing.

2 comments: