Saturday, December 10, 2011

I PASSED THE FE


Let's celebrate, Jersey-Shore style.

No, but seriously, the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering Exam) is an eight-hour long test that Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, and maybe more, Engineering majors have to take.  Basically, I needed to pass it in order to graduate.  However, coming at Grad School from the side like I did, I didn't take all the classes that would prepare me for it.  Thermodynamics?  What?

When I was taking the test, there were plenty of questions I had no idea about, so I was nervous when I got the email saying "The results of your exam are in . . . "  Why do they always make you click on another link?  Why can't they just send an email with "You passed!  You rock.  Enjoy graduating!" as the subject line?  Also, why did it take them a month and a half to send me the results?  It's a scantron.  The BYU Testing Center spits out your scantrons in a few seconds, and you can see your score by the time you get to the bottom of the stairs.  A month and a half?  I'd love to hear the story behind that one.

Anyway, the point is, I passed.  Phew.

4 comments: