Friday, January 13, 2012

OH HONEY I LOVE YOU

Yesterday on the 200, I was blandly on my way to work.  An elderly man with a temple bag got on and proceeded to take a seat.

He had very nearly taken it, when the bus started moving and he lost his footing.  He very nearly fell right on top of the man next to him.  As he fell,  he shouted

OH, HONEY!
OH, HONEY! I LOVE YOU!
OH, HONEY! I LOVE YOU!

The man now known as "honey" helped the elderly man regain his balance and actually take a seat, and we continued up State Street.

That is probably the closest I have ever come to wetting myself on the way to work.

4 comments:

  1. I think he must have trained himself to say that instead of possible cuss words. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely lightened the mood--had he sworn, he probably would have just taken his seat and we would all have resumed our grumpy mornings. But everyone on the bus was pretty amused.

      Delete
  2. Great! I know buses are in a hurry, but I always waited in these situations before pulling out. Do you mind if I use this post in a push for more patience and empathy toward the passengers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do. I don't think this particular driver was necessarily trying to hurry, but it's good to be careful.

    ReplyDelete