Saturday, January 28, 2012

SUCH A NICE THING

I was at the Provo Temple the other day.  I really only have time to go to the temple these days when a class gets cancelled, and when a class gets cancelled, I'm generally in Provo.  So I was at the Provo Temple the other day.

I was waiting for the bus to take me back to campus, and I looked down and saw something that made me happy.


Why did a random patch of asphalt make me happy, you ask?  Because it has a faded parking space line on it.

Why does a random patch of asphalt with a faded parking space line on it make me happy, you ask?  Because it's where the bus pulls in when it picks people like me up.

And the fact that someone decided that a bus should stop there instead of four cars is such a nice thing.  Too many transit stops in this country seem like afterthoughts.  They get stuck on the sides of roads where there's no sidewalk or placed halfway down the block to prevent interference with turning lanes.  It is very nice when the bus actually has a little place to stop.  Especially at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment