Monday, January 16, 2012

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUS DRIVER

In the midst of your Martin Luther King, Jr. day celebrations, pause for just a moment to thank your local bus driver.  Because a lot of you didn't have to work today, but they did.

And it was snowing this morning.  So they were driving mostly empty buses around in the snow all day.

Yeah, it's not my idea of a good time, either.
I got on the bus this morning at 6:11 a.m.  I was greeted with a friendly "Good morning!" as I got on the bus.  Even I am not that happy at 6:11 a.m. on a Monday.  And I work in a heated office building.

So thanks, bus (and train!) drivers, for getting me to work and back today.  I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. I took an empty 817 home this evening and I couldn't help but feel sad for the driver. At least under regular circumstances he would be traversing those narrow I-15 lanes for a bus full of people. Alas, tonight it was for three persons. I made sure to give my driver an extra heartfelt thanks as I left.

    ReplyDelete