Monday, February 13, 2012

HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES (PART 1)

The other day, I lent commutergirl my phone.  It was necessary for her to communicate with other humans, her phone was broken, and since I was going to be on BYU campus, where there are numerous courtesy phones, all day, I let her keep it for most of the day.  Which led me to an interesting predicament.

I was standing at an 830 stop.  And I knew exactly when the 830 was supposed to come.  But I didn't know what time it was.  So I had no idea if I was bound to wait for two minutes, or twenty-seven minutes, or somewhere in between.

I have often been on the other side of this coin--knowing exactly what time it was, but without a hope as to knowledge of when the bus I was waiting for was hopefully coming.  It was interesting to see how the other half lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment