Saturday, February 25, 2012

SCREEN CREEPER

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the jargon used in this post's title, a screen creeper is a body who looks at another body's computer screen without being invited.  Screencreepering is common in computer labs and on public transportation.

The other day, I was on the 817, and the body next to me turned on his laptop and began playing Solitaire.  This is not illegal, so I didn't object.  As he played, however, I couldn't help noticing that he kept missing valid moves.  I'm a stickler when I play Solitaire (okay, I'm a stickler about everything) about not clicking on the stack until I've exhausted every other possible move.  Apparently my traveling companion did not feel the same way.

Eventually, I forced myself to look away.  I didn't want to get bothered about a complete stranger's Solitaire playing habits, and I couldn't in good conscience offer a complete stranger hints on how to improve his Solitaire play.  So I concentrated hard on my textbook for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment