Saturday, February 4, 2012

SO WE BOUGHT A CAR

No, not April fool's this time.  We actually bought a car.

We are now the proud owners of a celery-green 2005 Ford Taurus.  It's shiny.  When we find our actual camera I'll share some pictures.

Lest you now accuse me of being a traitor, let me remind you that I said WE, not EYE.  Commutergirl had a car when I met her.  Actually she still has it (we're a two-car household!  I'm not sure I can handle this . . .).  We'll be selling it soon -- anybody need a car?

Lest you still think I'm a traitor, commutergirl (not even me) told the lady at the used car place that we're only going to use this car to go to Idaho and such--"we take the bus most places," was her exact quote.  The car lady looked at us absolutely blankly when she said that.

(tee hee)

Since this new car is automatic, I will be expected to drive it from time to time.  Yes, I technically still know how to drive (watch out, world!).  However, I would not really expect the frequency of my transit usage to diminish.  I know some people say that when they get a car, and then eventually end up driving everywhere.  Lest you now accuse me of being such a person, let me gently remind you that when I was single, I usually turned down rides from people because I preferred taking the bus.  And I haven't stopped preferring that.  But since the bus doesn't go to Idaho or national parks or the emergency room in the middle of the night or anywhere at all on President's Day, etc., it will be necessary for me to drive it from time to time.






But I won't enjoy it.



7 comments:

  1. So I pretty much love that picture. I need that child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you really won't enjoy putting gas in it.

    However, the Taurus is a good choice - especially for trips to Idaho. Good on gas. Easy to ride in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, gas. It's not usually too bad--we rarely buy gas more than once a month. Usually for things like trips to Idaho . . .

      Delete
  3. My 2007 Taurus is great. I love the leg room. I probably do most of my driving for Sunday dinner with the family. When City Creek Harmons opens I will probably be one of those taking groceries home on FrontRunner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about the Harmons, too. It will make it so easy to pick up stuff on the way home from work. And while I won't be taking groceries on FrontRunner, I will be taking them a decent distance on TRAX.

      Delete
  4. You're so cool, Busninja. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete