Friday, March 2, 2012

FORESIGHT

It would finally decide to be winter around here on February 29th.

I would decide to do a two-hour traffic count on a day it snows.

For those of you who don't know, a traffic count is when you stand at an intersection with a little machine and push buttons on it to show how many cars are going in each direction, turning left, etc.  Apparently, it's a good way to get cold really fast when it's snowing.  I'm a stubborn person.  But I gave up.  Too cold.  I decided that data could be gathered another, pleasanter day.

And, of course, on my way home, I would decide randomly to take the 228, which goes past where I live, but only after going a lot of other places first.  On the day it snowed.  More on that later.

And then I would decide the next day to wear a pair of shoes with a hole in it, walking through the snow.  Eep!

5 comments:

  1. Ummm, why were you doing a traffic count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Civil Engineering 662. It's a blast; everyone should take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as an FYI: pretty sure the bus I saw with the white destination header was a fluke; maybe it was a glitch in the software. The bus nerd within me wants to say there's still one '12 bus rolling around with an anomalous route header, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Just because I can, here're two examples:
    Providence
    Orlando (...the bus is pink, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a '12 bus with a white header a few days ago. It was on the 21. Also not a route I take very often. But, apparently, it's still out there . . .

      Delete
  4. I'll still keep my eyes open . . .

    ReplyDelete