Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NOT-SO-HOOLIGANS


The other day on the train, a group of teenage hooligans got on.  At least, that's what I thought.  I pride myself on never having been a teenager, and the sight of a group of rowdy teenagers boarding a train right in front of me would bring up painful memories of middle school if I hadn't already repressed them.

I was pleasantly surprised on this occasion to discover that it was a group of not-so-hooligans, and that, while they did stand in a rowdy circle right in the aisle and talk a lot, they seemed to have no desire to inflict mischief on their fellow calm train passengers.  In fact, at least some of them appeared to be experienced train riders, based on their knowledge of the system and their understanding of train etiquette.

When I got off, I had to walk past them to get to the door. One of them said to another,

DUDE, STAND BACK!  LET THE PEOPLE OFF!

and I had renewed hope for the future of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment