Monday, April 23, 2012

FORGET YOU


I was waiting for the 209 the other day, when a car drove by, as many cars have, and as many cars will.  This car, however, was different.

It contained a young hooligan in the passenger seat, who, as the car went by, looked me right in the eyes and shouted

FORGET YOU

(Thank you, CeeLo Green, for your inimitable contribution to the venerable institution we call pop music.  Without your help, this post would not have been possible.)
 I can't imagine why our little friend could have wanted to do this, other than for the satisfaction of making me jump (which I did, since people don't usually yell obscenities at me while I'm waiting for buses).  He doesn't know me, that I know of, and I know most of the people I've offended, I think.

I found the whole incident somewhat absurd; I only mention it at all here because, afterwards, I thought to myself,

Hmm, that hasn't happened to me since I was a missionary.

4 comments:

  1. So I'm assuming they shouted the unedited version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't feel comfortable saying the actual word on my blog; figured this was a good way to still get the point across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. I was picturing him actually singing the cee-lo song at you with fire in his eyes. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree; your version is better.

    ReplyDelete