Wednesday, May 23, 2012

CHILDREN

I was sitting at Central the other day, waiting for a bus.  I know, that never happens, right?

While I was sitting there, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bus full of children.  I know that doesn't rhyme.

But then another bus full of children arrived, and another, and another, and another, and I forgot all about rhyming.  In all, there were three MCI's and two Gilligs full of children.  And they all got on FrontRunner.

A few children came over to the bus stop and sat on the benches.  Their teacher said something about, "Let's review for our math test tomorrow," and they all said things like "NO! NO! Ugggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . ."

(I'm taking notes, in case I want to REALLY annoy my children someday)

As the FrontRunner train pulled out, I peered at it, and I could see children's faces pressed up against the window.  We watched each other for a brief moment, and then the train was gone.

And I was left to wonder what so many children were doing on FrontRunner all at once.

I sure hope they were keeping track of ridership that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment