Thursday, July 26, 2012

THELYMPICS!!!

Thelympics are coming!  Tomorrow!

Attribution unknown.  If someone knows it, they're welcome to volunteer.

In honor of it being thelympics, I would like to share a brief story about London.

I have a friend.  Let's call her "Buyer."  Some of you will get that if you say it out loud.  Buyer is currently studying music in London, because she's basically one of the most awesome horn players that walk the face of the earth today.  Before she went to London forever, she went to London for a few days to audition and stuff.  She came back and said "BUSNINJA! BUSNINJA!" 

(Okay, she said my actual last name.)

"You HAVE to study transportation in London!  The public transport there is to DIE for!"

I said, "London doesn't need my help.  Utah needs my help."

She said, "But you could go to London and study their public transportation, then come back to Utah and help them!"

I said something about how I didn't think it would really be the same situation, but that I would still love to visit London someday and ride their transit system.

That was the end of that conversation, until later in the evening on that same day, when we were all hanging out at Buyer's house ("Cheers!") and it came up in the conversation that Buyer was going to study in England.  I think it had to do with the movie we were watching, but I don't recollect exactly. 

Buyer said something like "I want to go to London and marry a Brit!"  Then she paused.  "No, I want to marry an American who is studying in Britain."

Buyer had perhaps forgotten her earlier outburst that evening, but I had not.  "Buyer!  Let's get married!"

She looked right at me and said, "No.  It would never work.  We're both musicians."

It takes a while for me to get hints.  "But I'm not going to be studying music!  I'll be studying engineering!"

So she tried again.  "No."

I let it drop this time.  Everyone laughed at me, because I was silly.


I'm still going to visit London someday.  I may see the sights.  But I will most definitely see the Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment