Tuesday, August 28, 2012

PURPLE

 So I go out of town for one week.  One week!  And I come back and the bus signs are purple.

The first bus I saw, I pointed out to commutergirl.  Look!  It's purple.

And then I saw another, and another, and another.  I didn't know our relationship was that fragile, UTA.  I leave for one week and you go changing colors on me.

Yesterday, I saw bus 10035, and the sign on the front was still blue.  I looked at it like "Hello, old friend.  Don't let them infect you!"

This morning, I was trying to catch the 200 at 6:04 a.m., and it was all dark out, and I was loopy, and the fact that it was purple just wasn't working for me.  I had to convince myself that the purple sign headed toward me was, in fact, on a bus.  I'm so used to seeing a blue sign.  Or a green sign.

Purple is going to take some getting used to.


2 comments:

  1. The '11s and '12s are white. Or maybe a very slight shade of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lavender to me, close up. But I like pretending it's white from a distance.

    ReplyDelete