Friday, August 31, 2012

RAIN

As I've mentioned before, I control the weather.

Today, as I was about to step out the door at work to go home, I noticed the parking lot was wet.  I waffled for a minute, then headed back to my beloved cubicle to fetch my umbrella.  I brought my umbrella to work the last time it rained, which was about a month ago, and it has been sitting there ever since, waiting for the next time it rained, which happened to be today.

I really didn't think I would need my umbrella, but I decided to take it anyway.

As soon as I stepped out the door, it started raining.  And it kept raining harder and harder as I made my way to the TRAX Station.  In fact, it rained all the way until I got on the Green Line, at which point it stopped abruptly.

Eventually I switched to the Red Line and got off at 39th.

As I was walking over to the 39 bus stop, it started raining again.  And winding.  And it kept raining harder and harder as I kept walking.  In fact, it rained all the way until I got on the 39, at which point it tapered off significantly.

The rain stayed tapered as I walked home; after I got home, commutergirl and I immediately decided to go to dinner.  I took the umbrella as we walked outside.  Commutergirl said something to the effect of, "it's not really raining that hard . . ." but I took the umbrella anyway.

As soon as we got out from under the awning of our apartment building, it started raining hard again.

If I stay outside all day tomorrow, we may be able to fill the reservoirs back up.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment