Monday, September 10, 2012

UNEXPECTEDLY RIDING THE 831 AGAIN FOR OLD TIMES' SAKE

So, I actually walked through the pedestrian tunnel today.  I didn't have time to take any pictures, though, because I was literally getting off a bus on one side and getting on another on the other.

Last time I took the 811 down to Provo at this time, the bus was late, and the 831 had already left UVU.  This time, however, it was right on time, and I thought, if I hurry, I can just make it . . .

So I took the 831 from UVU to BYU today.  It was fuller than I remember it being at 2:30 in the past.  This is probably from UVU, and due to the fact that the 811 doesn't cover the same stops on University Avenue anymore.  A bunch of people got on at UVU, and proceeded to get off at a rate of one every few stops.  But then nobody got on going to BYU.  I mean nobody.  When we got to BYU, I was the only one to get off, and nobody got on.  Had there been cheap BYU passes involved, I think the bus would have been quite full.  At 2:30 p.m.! (a.k.a. not rush hour).  The 830 and 811 Northbound at UVU were certainly packed.  Oh, BYU, BYU . . .

I had forgotten how pretty the 831 route is.  It was quite relaxing, really.  I may have to do this again this semester.  I'm going to need a basis for comparison between this 831 and the new version coming in December, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment