Friday, November 23, 2012

TOP TEN REASONS TO RIDE FRONTRUNNER EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T TECHNICALLY HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE, #7

#7: To Get One Last Ride In before the End of the World

As we all know, the world ends several times a year, depending on who you ask.






Now, I get my philosophy on the end of the world from Matthew 24:36, in which Jesus says "but that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

All the same, if you've any designs to ride FrontRunner at all, you might want to do it before December 21st.

4 comments:

  1. Number one: You can take the 1:13 am train out of Provo on Saturdays (!).

    UTA added an extra inbound train. And here I was thinking that 11:58 pm departure was slightly excessive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, no? I'm going to have to start throwing wild parties in Provo just to stay up late enough to take that train!

      Delete
    2. Let me know if you do! ;) None of my friends at the Y throw parties that go that late...

      I'm guessing that 1:13 am departure was the result of the decision to run the FrontRunner train (which arrives in Provo at 1:03 am) deadheading back to the yard as a live train. Why not do the same for the weekday train that gets to Provo at 12:33 am? This imaginary 12:43 am departure would probably see more ridership than the 1:13.

      Delete
    3. I remember hearing somewhere that there are trains that spend the night in Ogden . . . I don't know if they still do that, but if trains are going to sleep in Provo on weeknights, that might be why there is no 12:43 a.m. northbound train.

      Delete