Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I FOUND A USE FOR OLD GREEKTOWN

I and others like me have wondered in the past about why the Old Greektown TRAX station even exists. It's, like, twelve feet from Salt Lake Central. There are no enormous businesses nearby except the Gateway, which is also accessible from Planetarium and Arena. Maybe that's in the works; I don't know. As far as I could tell, it had no purpose. Until last Tuesday.

Last Monday it so happened that I left an article of clothing on the bus. (I'm not mentioning what particular item of clothing this was because it was a gift.) And so on Tuesday I walked from Salt Lake Central to the UTA lost and found at 200 South and 500 West, approximately one block. No big deal, right?

Wrong. I don't know if you know this, but it's been snowing a lot here lately. Hopefully you know this. I walked a block through snow that had just started to melt and was turning into ice with water on top. I was wearing dress shoes. It took me a long, long time to walk a block to the UTA lost and found.

I finally made it, only to be informed that the article of clothing in question was not available at the lost and found at that moment, but that I should check back, as they don't always get things in the next day.

So it was that I had to make my way back to Central, approximately one block. And this time, I took TRAX. Because the TRAX platform was relatively dry, and the train stops at Old Greektown, one block away from Salt Lake Central. It was much easier, even including the 7 minutes I waited on the platform for the train to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment