Wednesday, February 20, 2013

NEW, IMPROVED TRANSFER

I am fully aware that I am catching the 200 in the off-peak direction to catch FrontRunner in the peak direction at Murray Central, which is the least important transfer ever, I think, since I'm the only one that makes it at that time of day (and the only one who makes it going the other way at night).  I'm used to using the system in ways other than the ones in which it was originally intended to be used, so it doesn't really bother me.  It's just that, between FrontRunner moving back 5 minutes and the 200 moving forward 7 minutes, my 13-minute transfer has been reduced to



1 minute






and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' . . .

2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what I told my manager, when we worked this out:

    You caught the wrong 200. Get the one before or the one after.

    April is another matter. We'll have to figure that one out for you later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have been catching the one before and carefully watching from the FrontRunner platform to see if the next bus comes in time. It does, barely. But I'm still not willing to chance it . . .

    As I mentioned, it's least important transfer, and I'm the only one making it, so I'm not exactly bitter. It just took me a little by surprise.

    ReplyDelete