Tuesday, February 19, 2013

THE CURSE OF THE NOT-COMET CARS

I have it.

I have ridden in a comet car exactly once. That was the Thursday after FrontRunner opened, my last ride before I boarded a plane to Illinois to sleep off the effects of the semester (and visit my wife's family; that, too). Every other train I boarded that week (and I rode FrontRunner four times that Thursday, alone) had no comet cars on it.

In case you didn't know, these are comet cars.  Photo by Steven Vance. flickriver.com


Then I was gone for two weeks, and when I got back it wasn't Christmas anymore and there weren't any comet cars around. And then I heard that there were going to be some comet cars on the trains again this week.

And then the only train I saw today that didn't have a comet car on the front of it was the one I rode to work this morning. And I saw like, five trains today!

Like I said, curse.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know what a Comet car was when I first read this post, but in an effort to not miss the train I hit the first green button I saw and lo and behold I ended up on a comet car. Thanks for expanding my train knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying it right now for the first time...very quiet in here.

    ReplyDelete