Friday, March 1, 2013

I KNOW, I KNOW, IT DIDN'T OCCUR TO YOU

The gate at our apartment complex was fixed recently.  Translation: it now shuts.  There is a pedestrian gate next to the car gate, which works fine, except for when it breaks, or I lose my wallet, or, as is the case currently, maintenance has decided that that's the perfect place to pile up all the snow.  Much of the snow that has graced our lives this winter is now gone, but there's a respectable (and intraversable) pile still there.

Since I am generally gone during business hours, commutergirl was kind enough to mention to management that the pedestrian gate was blocked, and could they do something about it.

"The what?" asked the woman at the front desk.

I get it.  Pedestrians don't exist.  The people that work here don't know there's a pedestrian gate.  The last place I lived had no legal way to leave it on foot.  I get it.  That ship sailed long ago.

After commutergirl explained what the pedestrian gate was, our apartment-management friend said "I'll have maintenance take a look at it."

Thanks.

I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment