Wednesday, April 3, 2013

TRAX IS SO RIGHTEOUS RIGHT NOW

You knew this was coming (you had to know this was coming).

Too many people have told me about this video for me to not watch it.  Or post it.  It's from the LDS General Young Women's session held last Saturday (I wasn't there, but I heard it was smashing).



I admit that I'm still a little shaky on the particulars of her journey, but I fully realize that's not the point of this video, which is otherwise quite lovely.  The point is, she took TRAX.  To the temple.  That is the point.

Hopefully this video inspires LDS young women all over the world, especially in those parts of the world where the majority of young women get to the temple on transit.  And it should also send a message to certain parts of the Wasatch Front that taking transit is not, in fact, a sin.

Go to the temple!  Take TRAX!

8 comments:

  1. So, I'm writing about temples, listening to MoTab, and then I publish this post and realize it's #666. Sometimes you just can't get ahead . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year it was also neat in the Teachings of George Albert Smith manual, Ch 14, it had people at Salt Lake Central.

    I do go by transit when possible to the temple. Until Ogden opens back up, I'm going mostly to Salt Lake. I loved how the Ogden temple had the bike racks by the tabernacle. So I just took 630 in addition to my bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go to the Provo Temple on the bus all the time. The 833 schedule used to be just about perfect to attend the temple and have a bus right there when I got out. I haven't tried the new 832 schedule, but I imagine it's okay, since it comes twice as often as the 833 used to.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post...but mostly thank you for sharing this video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides the fact that she takes some mystery charter bus between downtown and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. But I am willing to let this discrepancy slide in the name of the gospel, I suppose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking the point is that she had to get up really early and travel a long way to the temple, something many people can relate to. The number of people who noticed that she passed another temple on the way is probably insignificant by comparison, though growing, since I published this post . . .

      Delete
    2. I noticed it. In all fairness, Garrett, Trax can get you fairly close to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, from downtown. But it is still a fairly long walk (1.8 miles) from Daybreak Parkway Station (on the red line, which you would transfer to from a downtown green at any station between courthouse and central point, or from a downtown blue at any point between courthouse and fashion place west). Also, I'm not positive, but it might be within the deviation area of the F547. If not, it's close, and you could get a deviation that would get you within a few blocks.

      Delete