Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BÖSE HEXEN

The other day, as I walked up to the 200 stop, I saw a woman raising both arms high in the air and lowering them in unison in a manner that she may have considered exercise but looked to me like nothing so much as that she was casting a hex.


The word "hex" stuck in my mind and I suddenly remembered the tagline for a Facebook group from years ago, back when Facebook was cool and your friends judged your coolness by what Facebook groups you defined yourself as belonging to:

This group is for anyone who wants to join.  Absolutely anyone can join, except for, please, no böse Hexen . . .

Click to enlarge.  Or watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

The group description made me giggle in the BYU library then, and it would now if I were to read it in the BYU library now.

When I actually got up to the stop, she said, "Hello!" pleasantly, as if to start a conversation, but I stopped that in its tracks.  I know better than to talk to böse Hexen at bus stops . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment