Saturday, May 4, 2013

SO GREEN IT HURTS

While Baby's arrival has meant that I have had to do more driving than usual,




it also means I get to run errands on transit on the way to work or on Saturdays.


I am a man of many emotions.  And many animal personae.





One of the things that desperately needed doing after Baby was born was taking the recycling out.  It was threatening the stability of our already diminutive kitchen.  We ended up taking it to Liberty Park on a family trip with Grandma and Grandpa and aunt and uncle (in a car).  But before this trip, we had discussed (and the discussion is still on the table, since the recycling will certainly pile up again) my taking it on the bus on my way to work.  The 205 is a little out of my way on the way to work, but not excruciatingly so; if I left a few minutes early I could manage.  At the thought of my taking recycling to the park on the bus on the way to work, I exclaimed

I'M SO GREEN IT HURTS

commutergirl, who is a bit put off by the idea of her husband boarding a city bus with kitchen-size garbage bags full of cans and newspapers, retorted

SO GREEN IT HURTS YOUR WIFE

So the discussion is still open, I think.  Baby has not yet expressed an opinion on the subject, but we'll keep you posted if he does.

2 comments:

  1. This is how they do it in San Francisco:

    http://www.munidiaries.com/2013/04/30/muni-how-a-recycling-bin-gets-from-point-a-to-point-b/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I will ride the Muni! I have to get there first . . .

    ReplyDelete