Thursday, May 9, 2013

WALKING

I have been accused in the past of taking the bus for its own sake.  This is mostly not true.  I usually just have somewhere to be, much like how most Americans drive when they have somewhere to be.  It is true that I will sometimes take a longer way to get where I'm going, because I'm curious about the route, or because I don't want to get to where I'm going . . .

The other day I met someone who was apparently taking the bus for the heck of it.  I say this because she was vigorously walking back and forth in the immediate vicinity of the bus stop.  I'm all for getting your exercise while you're waiting for the bus; the thing was that once we got on, she got off two stops later, which, assuming the grid system is still true in Millcreek, comes out to a whopping

2000 feet

a distance she probably could have walked in the time it took the bus to come.  But then, I'm no one to tell you not to ride the bus, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment