Wednesday, August 28, 2013

AVENUES BISTRO ON THIRD

So we haven't had the internet for several days now, which is probably good for me, if not for my devoted fans who are surely experiencing withdrawals (or so I tell myself when I'm alone).  But we got it back today (right after I came up with a contingency plan, more on that later, maybe), so let's catch up.

First off, we ate at the Avenues Bistro on Third last Friday.  We took Baby.

Whoops, wrong baby
That's the one

I liked all the food, but my favorite was when they brought out the side of olives:


This picture was taken before all the olives had been consumed
That was enough to make me a fan for life.

The rest of the food was pretty good, too:

Melon gazpacho

Chicken!  Beans!  Succotash!  Bacon!

Quinoa burger

Self-explanatory
We tried to catch the 3, we really did.  We were all ready to catch it at Temple Square at 5:24 p.m., but there was a delay on TRAX, so commutergirl and Baby didn't get there in time, and that was the last 3 of the "night."  Yeah, I know.

Never fear: we caught the 209 instead and walked the arduous block-and-a-half up to 3rd Avenue.  And when we were done, we walked all the way back down and caught the 209 back to TRAX.  Baby took it well, which was good, since he was being carried or perambulated the entire distance and really had no reason to complain.

I like the Avenues.  I like that there is civilization there, but the dirt is close, if you know what I mean.  We were sitting at a table on the patio and there were plants and trees and flowers and DIRT close by; no vast stretches of pavement interspersed occasionally by expanses of sod.  Not that sod is ugly or a bad thing per se, but I much prefer actual vegetation, you know?

All the houses in the Avenues are so quirky and nice.  Maybe someday we'll get a house there.

(I'd like to invite you all to join me in a nice, hearty chuckle)

No comments:

Post a Comment