Monday, August 19, 2013

D-D-D-DRAPER

Let me start off by emphasizing that I'm not sorry I missed the Airport TRAX opening earlier this year.  I am not sorry, of course, because I was in the hospital waiting for Baby to make his dramatic appearance (why, oh why, did I ever have to put it that way?).  And while I looked at the pictures on Facebook from inside the dark hospital room late at night and said to myself, awww, those people look like they're having fun, I knew that the Airport line would still be there when we got out of the hospital, but Baby was only going to be born once . . .

Oh, did somebody say BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY???
So anyway, it was the right place for me to be, and I wouldn't have been anywhere else for the world.  But it also meant that I HAD to be at the Draper opening, since it was the last one.  So I went.

I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get down there, nor exactly what the circumstances would be when I got there, so I left with what I thought would be plenty of time.  I was right: I got to Sandy Civic Center at 9:15 and had to stroll around for 45 minutes before I could actually get on a train to Draper.  Whatever.

At last the Draper train came and I got on it.  It was the first one, so not very many people were on it.  My back popped as I sat down, which event I had been waiting a couple of days for, so I said, "Mmmm, yeah."  It's probably a good thing I was the only one on the train car.

I walked around each of the stations.  I signed my name on the poster.  I had a commemorative Jones Soda, some shave ice, and my very first maple bacon donut (mmmm, yeah . . .).  I got a mini-poster of each of the new lines.  They'll look nice in a set of frames in my hallway someday.

Anyway, it was fun.  Y'all should go to the Sugarhouse opening this December, because it's probably going to be the last opening for a while . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment