Wednesday, August 21, 2013

TIMEOUT (PART 2)

Yesterday I saw another individual who needed a timeout.

I was on the 228, and a man came running up, waving for the bus.  The bus driver didn't stop for him.

Apparently this was the one-hundred-fortieth bad thing to happen to this individual by 11:05 A.M. (it could have been; I won't judge), because he suddenly flipped.  He ran in front of the bus, grabbed the bike rack, apparently said a few choice words, banged on the window, ran off across the middle of the street (the light was green, but fortunately for this man there was no traffic), flipped off the driver, and stormed off down the sidewalk on the other side of the street.

(I'm not really sure where he was trying to catch the bus to.)

The bus driver remained absolutely unperturbed during the entire episode.  Which is kind of amazing to me, because I would not have.

Normally I'm a fan of the bus driver stopping for people who run up and wave, but I think in this case I would rather not have shared the bus with that particular individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment