Wednesday, October 9, 2013

THE PHONE CALL

A little while ago I was waiting for the 200 at Murray Central, as I often do, when the 54 pulled in.

As I've mentioned before, the 54 picks up WAY more people at Murray Central than the 200 ever does, even though the 200 is reputed to be the busiest bus at UTA. In addition to the people getting onto the 54, a sizeable number of people got off, one of whom was a woman with a small child and several large duffel bags. She came over to the 200 stop, and it slowly dawned on me that I should help her get on the bus when it came.

I mulled this over for probably longer than I should, but I did have headphones in, and when I have headphones in, I'm like

(ask commutergirl)


Fortunately, just as I was wondering this, commutergirl called me, which apparently is worthy of interrupting Shostakovich. I spent a couple of minutes talking to her, and talking to Baby on the phone (which weirds him out to no end). About the time we finished talking, the 200 pulled up.

"Do you need help with that?"

"Oh, yes," she replied with gratefulness in her eyes.

I'm not always a considerate person by nature, but I'm working on it. Sometimes phone calls help.

No comments:

Post a Comment