Thursday, January 16, 2014

HE'S A KEEPER

A couple of holidays ago I was out shopping for commutergirl with Baby. Since I was pushing him about in a stroller

I DON’T DO BUSES AND STROLLERS

And since it was the aftermath of a great snow, I opted to take TRAX and the Streetcar to get around Sugar House for my last-weekend-before-Christmas shopping needs.

The streetcar is about a block-and-a-half from all the businesses on 21st South. When the sidewalks are not clear of snow, and when you are pushing a baby in a stroller, this is quite a distance. There were a couple of places where the snow and ice was so thick that it was impossible for me to roll the stroller at all; I had to pick it up and carry it with both hands over the icy obstruction.

After one of these traversals I grumpily bent down to check on Baby—the stroller was covered in a blanket, so I couldn’t see him directly. I lifted the blanket to see . . . Baby fast asleep, his long eyelashes resting on the top of his cheeks.

Any baby that can sleep through all that is a champ. I think we’ll keep him around.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried a carrier or wrap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a carrier that is quite lovely and works well on transit. On the day in question, though, it was really cold, so I felt better about having Baby in the stroller with a blanket over him.

      Delete