Monday, April 28, 2014

UNDERSTANDABLE (1)

A while ago I was on a train, when, as rarely, but still too often for my comfort (though not as often as when I was in Perú), happens, a man who was selling something got on and began peddling his wares, which in this case were musical.

He was asking everybody on the train the same question,

(Protip: if you are trying to sell something on a train, first of all, stop it; and second, don't ask everyone the same question or the other people on the train will catch on quickly)

so when he came up to me and said,

DO YOU LIKE HIP-HOP MUSIC?

I was ready with a scathing response:

NOT REALLY

Completely unruffled, he said

UNDERSTANDABLE

and moved on to the next person, leaving me to wonder: does he say that to everybody, or am I just really white?

2 comments: