Saturday, June 14, 2014

DEAR STUPID PROVO DRIVER (65)

Dear stupid Provo driver:

I would guess that, as far as you're concerned, buses are nothing but slow, blocky impediments to your high-powered, fast-paced life. If this is true, then of course you would always have to roar past the bus as fast as possible in order to get to whatever awesome thing you're going to do.  Especially when State Street is getting narrowed down to just one lane in front of you.  I can understand how it would be extremely detrimental to your well-being if a bus beat you to the merge.

But let me share with you something about buses: they stop.  And it's a good thing, too; otherwise my ilk could never get on or off of them. And at this particular location, they pretty much always stop, because 33rd and State is a reasonably good place for my ilk to get on or off the bus.

The end result of which is that you floored your gas pedal to roar around a bus that ended up just quietly pulling over to the side.  I hope your decreased gas mileage didn't throw off the general awesomeness of your morning.

Regards,
BUSNINJA


No comments:

Post a Comment