Tuesday, August 19, 2014

CAN'T CATCH A BREAK

Yesterday I caught the 45 for the first time again.  When I got down to 45th, I was confronted by a whole row of sprinklers watering the sidewalk in front of the bus stop, which made my soul want to leave my body from sheer annoyance, but I stood it, barely.  The bus showed up and I got on.

Today I caught the 45 for the second time again.  When I got to 45th, the sprinklers were not on.  But it was raining.  The bus showed up and I got on.  The driver said, "Boy, yesterday it was the sprinklers, now it's coming from the sky!"

"I just can't catch a break!" I said.

We chuckled, and I went and sat down.

2 comments:

  1. A little fall of rain can hardly hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My respects; that one took me a couple of tries.

    ReplyDelete