Saturday, August 16, 2014

THE NEW, I MEAN OLD, IMPROVED, I MEAN RESTORED, 45

Come Monday I will be trying out yet another way to get to work--this one involving the

NEW IMPROVED 45

by which I mean the

NEW OLD IMPROVED RESTORED 45

In August 2011, when the Red and Green Lines opened (and blessed be that day, for the record), the 45 was changed from running every 15 minutes all day long to every 30 minutes during rush hour and every 60 minutes during midday, and from running until midnight to quitting at 8:30 p.m.  The 228 was extended into the Murray North TRAX Station to double the 45's routing, but even the combination of the 45 and 228 did not come as often or run as late as the original 45.  commutergirl and I moved to Salt Lake City on August 6, 2011, a date that will be forever engraved on my memory since it was the day before the Red and Green Lines opened.  I interpreted the changes on 45th South to be merely the latest in a long string of service reductions in places I've just moved to or service improvements in places I've just moved out of.

Did I mention that we're moving next month?  Far away from the 45.

1 comment:

  1. I too take the 45 every once-in-a-while. I love this rescheduling because it actually made it to my stop a lot faster than it did previously. I agree with you completely.

    ReplyDelete