Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ONE WEEK LATER

So the UTA is an evil, corrupt organization. Whoop-dee-freakin'-doo.

So is pretty much every other public entity, private company, nonprofit organization, church, YouTube channel, blog, computer game, private journal, college major, pencil, camera, flash drive, and uncountable noun if you look at it long and hard enough. The fact of the matter is, people suck. Sometimes they just suck.

And now by what I read people want to bring criminal charges against UTA leadership. Are they founded? I don't know. UTA's legal team will assuredly prepare a brilliant defense in response to any charges brought against them, and all the while the bus will not run on Labor Day and will, in several parts of town, quit before 7:00 p.m. on a weeknight.

Am I happy about all the stuff in the Legislative Audit? No. Do I wish UTA did a lot of things differently? Honestly, yes. Am I going to stop taking transit in protest? Don't be daft. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Shall I euphemize? The next few years will be . . . fascinating for UTA. If nothing else, crazy debt will make the waters difficult for both UTA and its customers. But keep in mind that I have used transit in circumstances far more averse than the ones I currently experience. In the meantime, I'll take a historian's interest in what goes on, and I promise I'll try to still find the small, amusing things that make for the best blog posts.

***SIGH***
I promise I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment