Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WHERE AM I GOING?

It's not often that three of the largest defining characteristics in my life come together so suddenly and concisely, so naturally I had to blog about it.

You see, earlier today I saw on Facebook that a kinsman of mine had written a very nice article about Mormon composers; since I assert that I am Mormon and fancy myself a composer, not to mention know personally or have met many of the composers mentioned in the article, I found many things that interested me. It was an engaging read and I found myself completely enthralled by it until, suddenly, I looked up, wondering desperately:

WHERE AM I?
WHERE AM I GOING?

At this point the more compositorily inclined among you may be imagining my composing career, which, though admittedly glorious, was largely put on hold during my graduate studies in civil engineering and still only occasionally pokes its head out for the world to see (though these episodes are getting more frequent, and we have every reason to believe that they will continue to become so); the Mormonily inclined among you will recognize the second question as one of the big questions answered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ as espoused by the Mormons; and all of you may be wondering what on earth this has to do with transit. I'll tell you.

I was reading this article while on the 205, and, having become completely engrossed in it, suddenly realized I had no idea where I was, how long I had been on the bus, and whether or not we had passed the stop at which I was intending to exit the bus. Fortunately, after looking around in confusion for a moment, I was able to get my bearings (as I have caught the 205 many, many times in the last three years) and realized we still had about six blocks to go.

But, just so you know, cuz, I really enjoyed your article; almost enough to miss my stop, which has only ever happened once in my entire life.

I think I might go write some music now.

No comments:

Post a Comment