Thursday, October 23, 2014

NOT MY DAY

The other day on my way to work the 220 that I was on got passed by the one behind it. I wasn't thrilled, but it happens sometimes. I decided to let it go and move on with my day, which was probably good, since my whole day was still in front of me.

Then, on the way home from work, the 209 didn't come and didn't come and didn't come and didn't come some more and then finally it came and I was a little exasperated, but I got on. But the bus only got further and further behind and--sure enough--when we got to 21st South the 209 behind us blew right past us.

My thought process during that particular 209 ride could only be adequately described by the following musical excerpt:



Schnittke Concerto Grosso No. 1

(Wikipedia describes the music of Schnittke as extroverted, which is sort of like saying that boxing is a sport where the combatants hit each other with feather dusters. The excerpt I'm thinking of is until about 4:30, unless the power of Schnittke compels you to listen further.)


2 comments: